MSMQ - Where should the queue reside?

BaldrickThe4th

Newcomer
Hi

I need to implement network failure tolerant messaging between two applications that each talk to each other. (Two way dialogue.) It appears that MSMQ works well, but fails if the queue resides on the PC that loses its network connection. Anyone else found this?

I guess if that’s the way it works then I just have to follow the rules, but I had hoped to have writes to a local queue and a read from a remote queue at each end. In testing this is clearly faster, although not resilient.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Why don't you implement your own queue?

if there's only a need for 2 applications to talk there's no real need for a server instance... If it's meant to be scalable then you'll have to implement a server queue moderator.

1- Use Remoting to connect each client instance to the queue moderator, or with eachother.
2- Post the messages expecting a delivery certificate.
> An idea can be the returned confirmation to be an unique hash of the message... it's your call...
3- Only when the confirmation arrives, the message is deleted from the sender "waiting for confirmation" repository.
4- To make the queue collection use the System.Colelctions.Queue... it's all there...
5- Remoting in the case is pretty straightforward... search MSDN for simple examples...

Alex :p

Back