monitoring asp.net app

You can also enable tracing, in the web.config file set the enable tracing stuff to true. This will give you an idea on the size of some of your objects and such.

now, would that cause the app to slow down if I do it in production?

Also, is there some kind of ASP.Net load tester package somewhere out there? I'm new at this job, another company developed this app and they only do a little bit of unit testing and turn over the code to us (that was their agreement!). It would be good to load test the app in our test environment.

The app is huge, takes 10 to 15 mins to compile. I thought about using NUnit but I dont think that's efficient..

thoughts?

The tracing can be enabled for local only.

You can load test your app with ACT (Application Center Tester), you'll find it in Program Files | VS Ent Features.

Ok, been looking at RedGate and ACT..but is there something I can do to trace the code in production??

For example, I have SQL Profiler on and I can trace the production Stored Procs ...

I want to do something smiliar because the code doesnt have good error handeling ..users get lots of errors and very hard to trace in code..

For example, users get this error :"Failed To Load Page State from Session"..I looked at the "stack trace" that's on the error page but still dont know to exactly trace this..

Last edited:
Back