Module variable declarations

paul addison

Newcomer
Hi,
I've just moved to .NET from VB6 and am having teething problems.
I have written a DigOut command in the form code, the variables for which are declared in a module supplied by the I/O card manufacturer. I have included this module in the solution but in the form code it's still telling me the variables haven't been declared. Any ideas?
Ta

Also, as I'm using the help more often now, can anyone tell me if I can increase the size of the help font?

If you have used the word "Dim blah as Integer" then the scope of the variables would only be for that module. If you change it to friend scope ie Friend blah as Integer then it should sort it.

As for the help file, its a IE window, look at your menus :) Its under View, Text Size.

Hi Grimfort,
Thanks for the reply and I can now read the text!

But the variables are all declared as Public which is the most accessible in VB.NET isn't it, as there's no Global now?
Do I have to declare the module or something in .NET? Another option would be to paste the whole module into the form but that would be messy!

I think the problem is that .NET hasn't updated any changes I've made recently, including adding the 3rd party module. When I run it I still get the old program. Something new in .NET?

If i'm understanding you correctly to the right where the files are. Right click on them and click rebuild. Then rebuild the project and it should work.

Jason

Public scope is the most visible. It makes the variables usable from both the current application and any other applications that import it. If you just want your variables visible in the current application, use the Friend modifier.

Back