missing write access in IIS6

cz007j

Freshman
Hi

I have a windows server 2003 running with IIS6. I created a set of pages using aspx and vb.net that does content management for the rest of the site. The basics involve reading from htm files and then writing to them.

However, I'm getting this error

Code:
 System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "serverpath\default.htm" is denied. 

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

So I go to my file and directory to give Network Service permission to write and modify. After this, I'm still getting the same error. Is there something that IIS doesn't agree with for the .NET environment? I've been so frustrated I gave Everyone account write and modify ability but still get the same error.

Are there any other permissions that I need to set, or are there any other settings that overrides this? Should I do something within my code that'll help solve this problem?

It worked perfectly fine on my personal web server with Windows XP pro running IIS 5

any help would be much appreciated, thanks

The problem seemed to have solve itself. Another solution attributed to a swift kick to the side of the box

Back