migration from VB6 to .net

Silv3rSurf3r_20

Newcomer
Hey all,

I have just decided to upgrade a college project i was working on to visual basic.net and have found that .net doesn't allow for someone to create radio button arrays... and text field arrays... which i relied heavily upon in this project... how do i go about working on this now? I've tried looking through the msdn website and haven't found any information that can help...

And also... i aslo have a problem with my list view... it works fine and all... but there's just so much space between 2 lines of information... how do i minimise this space...

Thank You...

Radio Buttons: You can setup one event handler to handle all the buutons. Then use a Select Case to determine which one was selected or the Tag property to hold some value for future use.

List View: Post the code you used, so we can see what went wrong.

Hey Robby,

Thanks for the reply... but i think i'll need more information on how to create a control array... if you could help me out here... ok for example... if i had 3 radiobuttons and i wanted to have them as a control Array called RatingRB and it is supposed to have Rating(0), Rating(1) and Rating(2)... how do i go about doing this...

Thanks In Advance...

The only way you can do this right now is to create the controls in code and put them in an array, cant do during design time. I heard that MS will fix this in the next release of VS.NET

i'm trying to get the data stored in a database... so i'm just expecting the index number out of the radio buttons so i can store them in the database... and it makes it so much easier to handle instead of having to write procedures for each of the radiobuttons...

Back