Mesh Animation

ThePentiumGuy

Senior Contributor
hey,

One of my friends lent me a book "Managed DirectX KickStart Games and Graphics Programming". One chapter(chapter 13) is on Mesh Animation. I couldn't get the source code to run.

The book specifically says that classes such as MeshContainer and Frame must be derived becuase they are abstract classes. However, in the source code, VB.NET complains that those classes are NonInheritable. I'm thinking this is becuase of the latest summer update.

The book, however, does not do a good job at explaining mesh animation.

Does anyone know of any good resource for Mesh Animation, or is anyone willing to help? If so, that would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe then I can figure out a solution for this dillema(NonInheritable, source code bugs..etc), and get my RPG project going :)

Thanks in advance,
-The Pentium Guy

Wow, if you guys are ever stuck on something in DirectX, visit RobyDX's site (www.robydx.altervista.org), its a great site. However its hard to throw it into a translator becuase of the italian slang words :). If you can get over that, and examine the code (you might need a reference book at hand), it's a great site to learn from.

Thanks a lot Roby for making this site (he's part of this forum)! Keep it up,

-The Pentium Guy

Animation Controller Changes 9c

I have written some animation classes in C#. I did overide some objects in the process and found that 2 changes had come into effect in 9c that were different in 9b.

One being that a method had moved from Directx.Direct3D to Directx. Also there was an error with GetAnimationSet in 9a that caused everyone to use GetAnimationTrackSet, that has been changed now, so GetAnimationSet is the one to use agian.

Also one property became an array.

I know this is a little hairy fairy, but it took about 30 minutes to work it out.

Back