Memory resources are melting down...

Patzata

Newcomer
Hello everybody :)
I have one major problems. I developed an app that uses Direct3D. I use very simple objects, like Mesh.Sphere and Mesh.TextFromFont. My problem is that when I click the button for the animation to start (i simulate chemical reactions, using the spheres as the chemical elements) i can see in the Windows Task Manager, that the memory is going down every time i start new animation(for example - when i start my app the memory is about 300MB, and when I start many times the animations I even reached 10MB !!). I tried to dispose the meshes and to create them again every time I need to repaint the scene, but nothing really happens with that. I started a DX tutorial project, where there wasnt such a problem,(and there were spheres like in my app) but i could figured it out where is the difference between my project and the DX one. Can anyone help me solving this problem? THANK YOU very much!!!
Best regards, Plamen Dimitrov

Especially when using Mesh.TextFromFont you have to take care of disposing your Meshes. Another problem might also be that you are instancing a new font each time you use TextFromFont. If you do so, you also have to dispose that font. Of course without actually seeing the code I can just guess what might be the problem. Just check your loops again and see if you are really taking care and dispose ALL of resources you keep creating.

Back