MdiParent changing button sizes

bondsac

Newcomer
Hi,

I have a form that displays fine when loaded without setting it's mdiParent property. However when i set the property the button height increases making the form appear fatter (it seems only to be buttons that do this)

- there's no code that i've written that sets the button height anywhere
- there's no window designer generated code that sets the button height (it uses the default 23,75 values
- i set a handler on button.resize (which gets called) and i can't stack trace it since it's called from "<non user code>"

i'm sure i must be missing something simple - but i can't for the life of me figure it out. Any light shed on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

I just discovered that if i set the mdiParent property after the form.show() call, then it's all good, but i set the mdiparent property before then the height of all sizable controls increases by a few pixels.

Last edited:
bondsac said:
Hi,

I have a form that displays fine when loaded without setting it's mdiParent property. However when i set the property the button height increases making the form appear fatter (it seems only to be buttons that do this)

- there's no code that i've written that sets the button height anywhere
- there's no window designer generated code that sets the button height (it uses the default 23,75 values
- i set a handler on button.resize (which gets called) and i can't stack trace it since it's called from "<non user code>"

i'm sure i must be missing something simple - but i can't for the life of me figure it out. Any light shed on this situation would be greatly appreciated.
What is the anchor property set to for the buttons?

they were all topleft, i just set them all to "none", there is little difference and the buttons still expand, but a couple of them are expanding but only by 1 or 2 pixels this time. (almost unnoticable)

Last edited:
Back