McAfee Anti Virus & Visual Basic.NET

irasmith

Junior Contributor
First off I'd really like to say how impressed I am with Visual Basic.NET and its IDE. WOW!

I've got a general question that I can't seem to figure out a way around short of shutting my anti virus software off so I thought I would post the question here and see if anyone has a workaround.

I use McAfee antivirus on my WinXP Pro machine. I have the VB.NET Standard loaded on the same machine.

When I go to create a new project, part way through the creation process the system does before opening up the form screen, I get a message from the antivirus software saying suspicious scripting activity has been stopped. I have to select the allow entire script to run option to get things moving again.

Is there somewhere in McAfee that I can set to avoid this or do I just need to shut it down when using VB.NET IDE?
Thanks,
Ira

I've raised this issue several times with McAfee during the beta testing process. They refuse to do anything about it, so the only thing I do is disable ScriptStopper.

Last edited:
I see your point. I have located the option you spoke of and will give that a try. I'll sort of play around and figure out for me which is best, shut it off while developing, live with it as is and just keep on checking the run button, or your way.

I appreciate the input. I am still having tons of fun working with and learning VB.NET. :)
Ira

Thank you for the helpful suggestion.

I just acquired this WinXP pro computer in June, it came loaded with McAfee. I have used Norton in the past but have not done any scripting work so did not know Nortons abilities in that area.

For the present time I can live with clicking the 'let script continue' message, either that or just shut it off when I go to work on VB.NET. I'm still in the learning stages of VB.NET but am progressing nicely and will be coding a lot in it once I get up to speed.

Thanks,
Ira

Back