MCAD Boot Camp

bjwade62

Centurion
Can anyone recommend a good boot camp for MCAD certification? What are your thoughts on boot camps in general?

Thanks,
Bernie

Personally I don't rate boot camps at all - they are nothing more than an exercise in getting an exam under your belt and provide no real knowledge of how to use the product in any way shape or form. If you are relying on certification to gain employment it looks good on paper, however you will suffer in any kind of interview that involves technical questions. If you do survive the interview process and get the job you are probably going to be far less capable than your new employer thought...

If you know how the product actually works and how to apply it in the real world passing the relevant exam(s) isn't that big a leap - plus you now have the benefit of certification and actual knowledge.

I'm currently employed as a CAD Sytems Manager. I dabble in VBA and VB. I've written several applications that are used by our firm. However I'm self taught and there are gaps in my knowledge. I'm looking to improve my skills and hopefully get certifed as well. Do you think a boot camp would help me?

Personally I don't rate boot camps at all - they are nothing more than an exercise in getting an exam under your belt and provide no real knowledge of how to use the product in any way shape or form. If you are relying on certification to gain employment it looks good on paper, however you will suffer in any kind of interview that involves technical questions. If you do survive the interview process and get the job you are probably going to be far less capable than your new employer thought...

If you know how the product actually works and how to apply it in the real world passing the relevant exam(s) isn't that big a leap - plus you now have the benefit of certification and actual knowledge.

Back