Managed DirectX with MC++

Tutorials:
www.drunkenhyena.com

Books:
Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9
Programming Role PLaying Games with DirectX
Beginning DIrect3D Programming

Heh, there's a lot. Go to www.amazon.com and search for DirectX or Direct3D and you'll get a lot of books. My personal recommendation to you is go for the Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX (2nd edition) if you really like making games :). Once you get more advanced, there is a book coming out called Programming a First Person Shooter with DirectX :)

-pent

Thanx

I appreciate your help, but all the sources you sent me are for C# and I'm looking for MC++. I already spent a couple of hours at amazon and chapters but I found nothing about Managed DirectX and MC++.

Does anybody know where to download the teapot sample in Managed DirectX and MC++ just to get me started?

israel said:
I appreciate your help, but all the sources you sent me are for C# and I'm looking for MC++. I already spent a couple of hours at amazon and chapters but I found nothing about Managed DirectX and MC++.

Does anybody know where to download the teapot sample in Managed DirectX and MC++ just to get me started?
:o Whoops, I didn't see the word Managed at the title of your post.
The books that I listed are for UnManaged C++.

Just a hint,
I don't think there are a many (if any lol) Managed C++ DirectX books/tutorials. The closest you can get is C# and VB.NET.

I usually program in VB.NET, but there aren't a lot of Direct3D books for VB.NET and C#, so I look for the unmanaged Direct3D books (there are a lot), and learn from that.. translating my code into VB.NET code.

:-\ Just find a method that works for you I guess. Again, I know that VB.NET and C++ (managed) syntax is different, but if you find translating the code works for you, go for it!

My point is, there isn't a lot of Managed DirectX for C++ documentation out there, so you gotta find an alternate method :-\.

-The Pentium Guy

Thanks for the advice

Thanx, I think so too. I'm going to try CSharp now, I cannot spend one complete day struggling with one line of code.

Hey man,

I wasnt suggesting that you move to C#, I was suggesting that you use those books (written in Unmanaged C++ or C#), and try to associate their code with your code.

Well, C# is a great language, hope you ahve better luck with it. Its a big step up from Managed C++ (well, im speaking from a different perspective, for me it was a big step down to C++).

If you ever need any help on VB.NET or C# see my site (www.vbprogramming.8k.com), even though its in VB.NET, it should be very easy to convert to C#. (use Semicolons, declare variables differently.. minor differences.. which actually can get kind of annoying)

Pent

Thanks again

I know you didn’t suggest me to move to C# but I had been trying to follow examples written in MFC or C# and it was not working. I spent one complete day struggling with one line of code, I searched for books, tutorials, in the msdn, posted questions in discussion groups and after that I have nothing. It’s possible that I could get stuck for days in one thing. And moving to C# it’s not the end of the world, I can make a .dll from the code I already have (I’m writing a medium size application) and create the gui (with the directX part) in C#.

Thanks for all your help

Managed C++ sucks. Either use unmanaged C++ or C#. If need be you can call C++ methods in C# with PInvoke.

Back