making of executable

koen

Freshman
I'm making an excutable of my project. it's teh first time I'm doing that. But several problems appear.

first I tried the setup.exe bootstrap application sample, witch installs the .NET framework before installing the msi-file build with VS.NET
The installation works fine but when I wanted to start my program the followin error came up:

Process id=0x654(1620), Thread id=0x648(1608)

I can't find anything usefull about this on google...
so I tried something else, wrapper.exe example witch installs mdac... but also no success.
I can't even install it... it sais there was an error while installing microsoft windows installer.

Those anybody know a way to make a working setup that works on all windows versions and installs the dotnet framework and MDAC for data access I don't know if I need that...

thx greets KD

Last edited:
found a solution, I had to install MDAC_TYPE.exe but is there a way to deploy everything in one setup...
now I have first to install MDAC and then the setup.exe bootstrap application sample

another problem is when I install the programm on another non-admin is that I get a security problem:

Thr application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. The operation required the securityException.

System.security.securityexception: requested registry access is not allowed at microsoft.win32.registrykey.opensubkey(String name,boolean writable)
at ....

when I install it on my computer it works... but I'm loged in as admin. how can I give registry access to non admin users for my application??

greets koen

Last edited:
Back