Main MDI form and its MenuStrip

kservice

Newcomer
I have this weird thing going on when my Child Forms open. BUT, not all the time. There is a minimize, maximize, and close button that shows up in the MenuStrip. How do I prevent this?

Form.gif

If I press the Maximize button the choices go away and the form fills the correct space. I have also noticed that on occasion the Child Form will load too high up in the Child form area.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks a bunch.

I wonder if it is just not refreshing the screen all the way? I wrote a simple test app with an MDIParent form and a child form. I put a menustrip on the child and set the child form's FormBorderStyle to None. I put a button on the MDIParent that would add a new child form each time it was pressed. I noticed that each time I added one, for a brief second, you could see the border with the min, max, and close buttons in place. Then, the border would disappear.

Since it only happens occasionally, perhaps it is not finishing the drawing of the child form. What happens if you minimize your parent form and then bring it back up? Are they still there?

Edit....
Sorry, just looked again. I was thinking you had child forms with no border. If that is not the case then that probably isn't the answer.

I tried the "No Border" option and it didn't help. :p The forms open "Maximized" also. Just strange!

Back