Loading Flash SWF

kentheprogger

Newcomer
I'm having a little problem with my Macromedia Flash control.

I have a program with multiple buttons in front of a Flash background. In one of my modules I switch to a picture box background instead of a flash background. When switching from picture box (setting visible to false), the buttons that are supposed to be on the flash are loaded briefly onto the picture box background. I was wondering if there is a way to pause the application until the SWF has loaded.

I tried Application.DoEvents() but for some reason in the module after I fire it, it stops the rest of the code execution in the sub.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kentheprogger said:
I'm having a little problem with my Macromedia Flash control.

I have a program with multiple buttons in front of a Flash background. In one of my modules I switch to a picture box background instead of a flash background. When switching from picture box (setting visible to false), the buttons that are supposed to be on the flash are loaded briefly onto the picture box background. I was wondering if there is a way to pause the application until the SWF has loaded.

I tried Application.DoEvents() but for some reason in the module after I fire it, it stops the rest of the code execution in the sub.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I figured it out, the Flash background was taking 100% of the CPU in 32bit color mode. The Application.DoEvents() would freeze code execution because the CPU was at 100%. Lowering the colors to 16bit fixed the problems but the Flash file is still taking up a good 60% of the CPU. All in all, Flash is not the best control to play a looping movie.

Back