listview Thumbnails

flann

Freshman
Is it possible to display thumbnails in the listview? I want to display the thumbnails as previews of the object.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I've tried it out, and.. it's possible.
Follow these steps :

1) Insert am "ImageList" component by clicking on it and then click on Form.
2) In the ImageList's property window, look for "Images" property.
Click on Collections[...].
Click "Add" to add images one at a time. When you are done, press OK.
3) In the ListView's property window, there's a property called "LargeImageList".
Click on its drop-down menu, and select "ImageList1"
In the same properties window for ListView, look for "Items" property.
Click on Collections[...].
4) Add the necessary ListViewItem/s by clicking add.
In the ListViewItem window, if you wish to add thumbnails in your ListView, click
on the drop-down menu "ImageIndex" & select your preferred thumbnail.

Voila ! Done.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYRe said:
4) Add the necessary ListViewItem/s by clicking add.
In the ListViewItem window, if you wish to add thumbnails in your ListView, click
on the drop-down menu "ImageIndex" & select your preferred thumbnail.

I'm not seeing the drop-down menu "imageIndex" where I can select thumbnail. Is there a way to do this programatically?

I think you misunderstood... =) nvm,
from Step 2)

Click on the ListView on your form.
Go to its "Items" properties menu. Click on "(Collection)" button [...]
A ListViewItem Collector Editor window pops-up.
Click on "Add" button to add a ListViewItem. In the same "ListViewItem Collector Editor pop-up window", there is a ListViewItem property, "ImageIndex". Click on the drop-down menu and select the preferred image that you have uploaded onto ImageList.

Note: ListView window is not the same as ListViewItem window.

thank you, I did get it to work that way, but what I'm trying to do is to have it automatically display the associated thumbnail by file type. More specifically, the pdf thumbnail view that shows a very tiny version of the document. Do you know if that is possible?

Back