Kill a messagebox that appears

teixeira

Regular
Hi all,

Does anyone knows how can I avoid a messagebox to appear?
I mean, i've an active-x that check the lpt1 port to see if the hardlock is present, and if not it displays an messagebox, Is it possible to kill this messagebox?

Thanks in advance,

Teixeira

Hey neighbour,

About the suggestion it would work fine if this messagebox was generated by an error caught by the jit, but this is an messagebox that appears because the app uses an activeX that has an hardware Key, and for this app we don't need to use the main features of the AX , so the Hardlock isn't necessary, anyway we need to access to some functions that the AX has, and it's no good the message box "Please Check Printer Port... Hardlock not present" appears, so I tried to implement a Timer with Interval Property set to 1 ms and in the Timer_Tick() I use the SendKeys Method and I send an ENTER, and the message box disapears. - If U need to use some thing like this try a timer, in a fast computer I goes very good, no msgbox seen ;-)

Sobre o tempo, tá mesmo muito calor.... estou a 20 km da praia mais perto e tá mesmo a apetecer, se não fosse o Ar Condicionado, não sei não..... Umas cervejinhas e tal... já marchava.... LOL ;-)
Fico contente por ver pessoal de Portugal por aqui mas fico triste por outro lado, por não termos uma comunidade .NET tão activa como por exemplo esta. Mas devo destacar os esforços feitos pela comunidade PONTONETPT em levar pra frente o peso TUGA.NET ;-)

Cumps,
Greetings,

Teixeira

My bad, yes, the TRY - CATCH block is totaly useless for your problem. Anyway I do must admit that you found and interesting and clever way of walking around the problem. All in all I wish I could have more skills to help you out...

PS: Temos comunidade .NET em tuguês? Nem sabia :)

Back