KeycodeV2.dll error

Netnoobie

Regular
Hello,

I am getting the "Cannot find keycodeV2.dll, or invalid keycode" error upon deploying the project on the server. This server had a full copy of Reports 9.X on it as well as the .NET framework. When I first saw the error I did the fix that's at the CR site in regards to editing the two registry keys. This did nothing. I've also found an older thread on here about adding the regwiz merge module to the project, and this also did nothing. I've even registered the DLL by hand and that didn't work, so obviously there's something wrong with the DLL that's created.

Why am I not having this problem on my two development machines but only on the server? What do I have to do to get this running on the server?

Thanks!
Bryan

When creatnig a deployment with CR, you should add the followin merge modules:
- Managed.msm
- database_Access.msm (for database access and also for exporting your report to types like rtf, html)
- database_access_enum.msm (for export to pdf and some other things)
- regwiz.msm for lincencing (do not forget to provide your VS.NET key, coming from Help/About)
If you don't set the licence key, you will have a KeyCodev2.dll error !
-VC_CRT and VC_STL if using ado.net datasets

And when addind all those modules and giving the correct key, I never add any problems during deployment
Hope this helps you !

Me too have seen this error V2Key.DLL although the key was entered correctly, just i was doing one thing wrong i removed [ - ] from key and it started gave me this error. now it has been solved using the correct lisence key.

the Crystal Report version I used with my app came with Visual Studio...Do I use the Produt Key that came with VS when putting in my licence number in the regwiz.msm?

Back