Just like Windows window

rfazendeiro

Centurion
hi to all,

I'm making a windows application and i want it to be more visual and to be standard like windows, o users will easaly toogle through the application.

So what i wanted to do is something like a window in windows in title mode. There woukd be icons (folders) where the user could double click and enter a certain area.

how can i have something like that?

thx to all

That's a very broad question with very little explanation. If you talking about emulating an 'explorer' like window where the contents of a folder are displayed (the sub folders and files) then just use a ListView control and use the large or small icons or detail view accordingly.

I have to agree, that is a broad question and it is hard to give a specific answer. There are different solutions to interfaces for large or complex programs. What it sounds like you need is an "Explorer" style interface with the list view of icons as mentioned by bri189a, and possibly a treeview on the left to show directory structure. Give it a whirl, and when you run in a specific problem, I'll be glad to help.

i will try to be more especific. Lets look to the explorer as an example.

In th left we have a tree with all the drives in the form of a tree. I can acomplish that, like you said, with a tree list.

But what i want is the right side of the explorer, where we have the list of the contents of a given folder. For example, if we enter my documents, in the right side of the explrer we will have my music, my pictures, etc. And to view the contents of my documents there are varous modes. We have Thumbnails, Title, icons, list, details.

What i want, if it's possible, is to have the right side of the explorer. When a user runs the aplication, it would apear to him only the right side of the explorer, with icons leading to diferente areas. For example, their could be an icon where it would lead to the managment of pemission of users of the application.

i hope i have explain better what i need and hope you guys can help me

thx to all

Back