Job offer: Moving a website

joe_pool_is

Contributor
I've got a buddy that gets a lot of website jobs. He does the PHP jobs, and sometimes (like this) he hands me the ASP jobs.

This job involves a client that wants to move their website to a new host. From what I've been told, their web host provider is charging them close to $200 a month.

They want to move their site to a new system or host it themselves. They are looking for options and pricing for the work and maintenance.

Is anyone here interested in doing something like this? I've looked at it a little before. It has databases and some AJAX, and I just don't have the time to sit down and become immersed in their project.

Here's the website: http://www.bluevalley.net

Not sure if you still need help. $200 a month is insane for basic web hosting. They must have a dedicated server, which may or may not be needed. All you need is a .Net server with Ajax installed. Many companies offer such services. The best I have found yet is ServerIntellect. They allow full access and full control of everything for around $20 a month depending on database needs etc. Hope this helps. I am an MCSE as well as a 15+ year programmer and quite frankly, let someone else host it if you can. Let them deal with all the headaches.

Back