JIT debugger not available when executed

BlueJay924

Freshman
After creating my program and installing it onto another computer, i'm having problems running the program. both computers are windows xp, and on the computer i'm installing the completed program i've installed the sdk and the redistributable. however, when i run the program i get the message "Registered JIT Debugger is not available". it has an error code of 0x2.

now, why does program 2 work and program 1 doesnt? any suggestions on how to fix it?

Last edited:
I've discovered that the problem only occurs when I install the application to a connected network folder. If I install it to a local drive then it works OK.

How can I get around this as I only want to install the files once on a shared folder so that a number of users can access it from a central location?

For anyone that's interested - I've found the problem (and solution). It is becuase I was trying to run the .NET application from a connected drive on a server and the .NET security policy configuration didn't like it.

I used the .NET Framework Configuration utility (found in Administritive Tools) and created a new code group for my aplpication:

Runtime Security Policy
+-Machine
| +-Code Groups
| | +-All_Code
| | | |-My_Application_Went_Here

I set the Membership Condition Type to "Hash" and Imported the Hash code from the applications EXE file. I then set the Permission Set to "FullTrust".

The application now works as it should. The only problem is I'll have to do this on each PC so now all I need is some way of automating it - if only I can find where this information is stored.

PlausiblyDamp said:
You may want to investigate the command line tool caspol.exe, should allow you to automate / script this kind of thing.
Excellent - thanks.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to make an XML file containing the membership condition...

Back