Is there a way to push .NET 1.1 out?

zigzag

Newcomer
We currently use SUS to push out patches. Is there a way to use SUS to push out framework version 1.1? I would really like to start programming for it.

On this same note, does anyone know if SUS can be used to deploy other MS provided assemblies? I recently attended a conference on System.EnterpriseInstrumentation, but at the end of the conference we learned that it is not currently available in a .net framework package.

I know there are ways to deploy applications via GPO, but thats about all I know. If someone wanted to shed some light on this, it would also be much appreciated. Thanks!!

We use a SUS here and we pushed .NET out... they keep the keys to it locked up from me, so I can't tell you how, but I know they did. From what I've eavsedropped on, it's the same as the others... accept the cab file and push it out. You can also push it out in a batch file... extract dotnetfx into its individual components and one of the files you can use the traditional switches on the end on a command line to silently install it.

Back