InvalidOperationException

Big

Newcomer
Hi i got a little problem.

I get this message

An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.dll

Additional information: There was an error during async processing.

when i try to write binary files to a db by using a webservice.
But with small files everything works, but with files of 8Mb it doesn 't and i get the error message then.

Can someone explain me the error message??

I found what the problem was. If you want to upload files with a webservice you can only upload file that are less then 4 Mb but if you change maxRequestLength in <httpRuntime /> you can upload the number you set. I changed it in 40960 so that i can upload 40Mb without problems.

Greetz

Upload a file to a webservice method from plain HTML

On a similar note...

Setting the form's enctype to "multipart/form-data" causes an exception to be thrown by the webservice.

System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is invalid: multipart/form-data; boundary=---.....

I need to post the HTML form direct to the webservice, and it can't be hosted by the .NET server (it will actually be manipulated from within a Flash UI) - any ideas please people?

System.InvalidOperationException

Hi I have the same problem,
did you found any solution for this problem?

tnx Eric

SmellyMutantCat said:
On a similar note...

Setting the form's enctype to "multipart/form-data" causes an exception to be thrown by the webservice.

System.InvalidOperationException: Request format is invalid: multipart/form-data; boundary=---.....

I need to post the HTML form direct to the webservice, and it can't be hosted by the .NET server (it will actually be manipulated from within a Flash UI) - any ideas please people?

Back