Interop and deployment questions for web app

mjohnson3091

Freshman
Hi,

I've posted here as I don't think this falls under one particular heading.

I've got a web app written in C# which uses some VB6 dll's and it runs fine on my machine.

The problem I have is getting it to work on other machines (everything else works in the program apart from the bit that uses the DLLs) and also build problems.

My first question is related to the DLL's. .NET creates and interop file for use to reference the original DLL, so I assume it's necessary to deploy the original DLL along with the web app. My question is, does the original DLL need to be installed in the exact same folder on the target machine as it was on the development machine? I've tried installing and registering the DLLs in the BIN folder of the webapp, also creating the same structure as my development machine and still no joy, so any advice appreciated it there.

My second question is related to the building of the web app. I've created a setup kit for a web app, and I've added the compiled website code to it. The MSI builds without errors, but when I attempt to run it gives an error "Installation was interrupted before XYZ could be installed". This has only just started happening, as I've used the same technique to build the application previous, so once again, any advice appreciated.

Regards,

Mark J.

Back