Installer

barski

Junior Contributor
I'm doing my first deployment of .net c# windows application tomorrow. I followed the walkthrough in the help file and everything seems fine but I have a few concerns. Specifically, part of the project is exporting into multiple excel worksheets so I have a reference to the Excel 11.0 object. The development machine has office 2003 the client machines have office 2000.

Will the 11.0 work with office 2000?

Also, my plan is to install the .net framework and then do the project install?

I know these are simple questions but it's my first deployment of a .net windows app so I'm a little uncomfortable.

Well I got my answer and there was one big problem. Excel 2000 does not like long data types in the cell references. In Excel 2003 longs are ok BUT NEVER EVER USE THEM FOR EXCEL 2000. If you do you will get a Bad Variable Type error message.

barski said:
I'm doing my first deployment of .net c# windows application tomorrow. I followed the walkthrough in the help file and everything seems fine but I have a few concerns. Specifically, part of the project is exporting into multiple excel worksheets so I have a reference to the Excel 11.0 object. The development machine has office 2003 the client machines have office 2000.

Will the 11.0 work with office 2000?

Also, my plan is to install the .net framework and then do the project install?

I know these are simple questions but it's my first deployment of a .net windows app so I'm a little uncomfortable.

Back