installation

farshad

Centurion
Hi,
I would like to install my first windows application on a users machine.
Should I install the .net framework on the client machine, if so where do I download it from, etc?
And where can I read about the installation steps please?
Thanks

I don't remember if the Setup Project that comes with the VS.net enables you to straight include the Framework in it... I think you may include but you'll have to do some tricks...

I have this URL to you:

(join the four lines and it may do ... the script in this post messes with the URL and it doesn't link correctly... If you still can't get the URL to run post here your email and I'll send it to you :()

msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/enus/cpguide/html/
cpconcreatingsinglesetupprojecttoinstallnetframe
workapplicationdotnetfxexe.asp

I'm sorry that I can have some shure in this but I tried to do dome professional installs with the VS.net but didn't get nothing "really professional" and since several months I use InstallShield na it rulezzzz!

Good luck with your Setup projects... :D

Last edited:
The Framework should be included on the Update CD of the Visual Studio.Net package (dotnetfx.exe). You can add a Launch Condition the file into your deployment package and it will detect whether the client machine has the framework installed or not. If not it will ask whether you want to install it, and then go from there.

Back