installation serial number?

Getox

Centurion
ok what i want to do is make the install ask the user for a serial number
i added the window for it to ask, but when giving the setup to people they cant install it because there is no serial and i dont have a list of serials
is there a way to get a list?

thanks

List of what serials? Is this your own software you are deploying? If so then you would be in charge of the serials given out and the validation of them.
I think a bit more detail is needed for people to answer this.

yes its my software, my really really small and noobish browser i made

in the installation i added a screen to ask for a serial number
but when i build the setup there is no list of serial numbers for it
and im asking if there is a way to get a list..

Hi,

A possible scenario for online registration could be to design your application to acccept the registration number from the user and then application sends the same to a specified url. The script at the url would validate the registration number against the stored list (a database on webserver) and would return the response to the appliation.

am i talking sense ? or are you asking how to generate set of registration numbers.

HTH

Hi,

Do you find it so difficult ?

I bet, it's not. If you wish to spend some money go to www.asp.net and search in the control gallery, you will get some custome control there.

If you wish to devlop you own, just search google for 'random serial number algorithm' etc and you will get few links.

In case you couldn't find let me know i will search my DB of links :confused: and would send you.

Back