Infragistics Ultra Chart & MS. Windows Server 2003 Web Edition.

mike55

Contributor
I have an infragistics UltraChart and I am using the OS "Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Web Edition". The method that is being used with UltraChart is to create an image of the chart in a folder within the project every time the chart is requested and then the images is displayed on the screen. So far in testing and during developement the entire process worked as the OS used with "Microsoft Windows XP pro".

Is there restriction with the Web Edition of Windows Server 2003 that would prevent me from writing files to the hard-drive with asp.net application? If so, can such restrictions be lifted, or bypassed?

Mike55.

It is more likely to be a permissions thing than any particular restriction. I would check the permissions on the folder you are attempting to write to and see if the web application can actual write to it.

Ok, I have checked the permissions on the folder, the only thing that I can see is wrong is that the read-only checkbox is ticked and greyed-out. I have tried to untick the checkbox but when I reopen the properties of the folder the checkbox is again ticked and greyed out.

Mike55.

Found the problem, for the control in question I need to give full permission to the user "Network Service".

Mike55.

Back