image list - image quality

jimbo2k

Newcomer
When I load an image into a picturebox through code, the images quality is diminished.

I have the same image loaded into a different picturebox from design time, yet its good quality.

How do I preserve the quality when loading from an image list, during run-time? Thanks!

I only use the imagelist for storing some icon-like images for use in a listview or something. What are you using the imagelist for and can you use an array of bitmaps instead?
I have had an issue where the imagelist kind of resizes the picture and makes it lose its detail.

Iceplug said:
I only use the imagelist for storing some icon-like images for use in a listview or something. What are you using the imagelist for and can you use an array of bitmaps instead?
I have had an issue where the imagelist kind of resizes the picture and makes it lose its detail.

Can you give me a sample declaration of the array and how to add bitmaps/jpg's.
I'm not very familiar with arrays yet :o Thanks!

For reasons beyond me, the imagelist does not store the images in their origional format. Go to the imagelist property and set the ColorDepth property to 24 or 32 bits per pixel.

marble_eater said:
For reasons beyond me, the imagelist does not store the images in their origional format. Go to the imagelist property and set the ColorDepth property to 24 or 32 bits per pixel.

Ive tried that but still no good :confused:

marble_eater said:
Do you have images with different resolutions in the imagelist? This might cause problems.

Nope, I only have 2 images in the collection so far, until I get this sorted out and both are 96dpi.

Any thoughts on what the above poster said about an array list ?

What i should have asked is are the images the same dimensions? Are they 96 dpi or 96 px by 96 px? If they have different dimensions then one if not both will be stored at a smaller size than the original file.

marble_eater said:
What i should have asked is are the images the same dimensions? Are they 96 dpi or 96 px by 96 px? If they have different dimensions then one if not both will be stored at a smaller size than the original file.

They are both 72 px by 28 px

EDIT: turns out the 2nd picture was a few pixels off the first pictures size, after correcting this and making them the exact same size, it works nicely.

Cant thank you enough marble, for the dedication!

Back