I'm a beginner...

forsehoch

Newcomer
I'm a beginner... but I'm so interested in working with .NET technologies. Currently I'm a JScript low-medium level programmer and I want to improve my skills and begin to work with JScript.NET. Sadly, I don't know if it's worth, cos' I don't exactly know which is the advantage of JScript.NET over JScript. I mean, I know that JScript.NET includes some improvements like "true compiled code, typed and typeless variables, late- and early-binding, classes (with inheritance, function overloading, property accessors, and more), packages, cross-language support, and full access to the .NET Framework" as it's said on MSDN official site. But, I don't really know what it means, I don't really know how my job will be affected...

So I ask you for giving me a hand and helping me... May I use JScript.NET and, this way, get a great benefit or may I continue using JScript cos' there's no benefit to obtain? What kind of benefit I'll get if I use JScript.NET?

Thank you so much

Yes, there is JScript.NET, its compiler is bundled with the framework alongside C# and VB although personally I haven't used it beyond looking at examples for it.

The documentation does not have many examples for using JScript.NET, and I'm not even sure whether or not it is flexible enough to make, say, a Windows Forms application. But it may well be flexible enough to write ASP.NET with. As far as I know, none of the regulars on this forum uses it.

If you are used to programming with JScript, it may well be the case that your skills would best be transferred to C#.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back