Iis

davearia

Centurion
Hi,

This is probably a very simple question (apologies).

I have just put a simple ASP.NET in the www.root folder. Then I have set the default web page in IIS to this folder. In Directory Security I set Integrated Windows Authentication as checked. When I tried to browse to the site in IIS I get this message: The current identity (BR\ASPNET) does not have write access to 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.

The site ran ok through Visual Studio. What have I missed out?

Many thanks, Dave.

You might need to give the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE group write permissions to the C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files folder, if the error keeps occurring it might be a configuration issue on your network (perhaps your admins are managing the permissions via a GPO and not taking asp.net applications into account.)

Anyone know of any links to setting up sites in IIS

Hi All,

Happy New Year to everyone!

I always seem to have trouble when I try to run my sites through IIS on my XP Pro machine. For example I have worked on a site in Visual Studio for a week or so and it is now completed and works fine. I published it and then did what I thought was right is IIS management, but the homepage of the site just hangs.

Checked the error logs and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

I there any good links to this kind of problem that any of you know of?

Thanks, Dave.

Back