Ide For Linux

PublicEvent

Newcomer
I love my linux system... But I also have the need to do some .NET apps again. Does anyone know of a good IDE? Without installing a dual boot system... I know about mono and have it installed. But I mean a good editor. Not necessarily with intellisense but basic highlighting and such would be ideal.

afterlife007

Obviously this isn't ideal code for a Windows box.

Last edited:
Have you looked at Mono Develop? Only in beta but looks like it meets your requirements.

Actually he said that he has it. But this does help me. Thanks for the link, I am delving into the realm of Linux. Something new to learn.

also a little Off topic, my Wife just got a Mac Pro and it came with Xcode to program for Macs. I am thinking of loading it and trying to learn that.

Thanks guys! I have mono develop. If you look at the code generation though, it obviously won't compile. Unless I installed mono on windows. I will check out sharp develop. I have been using KDE and C++ primarily ; now back to my old... If I have some simple apps I would rather use windows standards and put on the windows box for testing.:) Hopefully those apps are native to linux. Or have linux binaries. I will check out Eclipse as well.

Last edited:
Back