I cant deploy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassio

Junior Contributor
Hi!
I realized this morning that I cant make any package. I hope I am missing something but I tried many times with different projects and simple examples and nothing worked. I get this output everytime I build a setup project:

Code:
------ Starting pre-build validation for project 'Setup2' ------ 
------ Pre-build validation for project 'Setup2' completed ------
------ Build started: Project: Setup2, Configuration: Debug ------

Building file 'D:\Documents and Settings\Cassio\Meus documentos\Visual Studio Projects\Setup2\Debug\Setup2.msi'...
ERROR: Unrecoverable build error

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

I uninstalled the VS.NET and the Framework, re-installed all over again and this problem still continue.
Im thinking of formating my hard drive.

I don't think you don't need to reformat your hard drive. Do you have a non distributable version of VS.NET? I have a version from school that won't let me distribute my applications. Maybe i can if i try hard enough but i'm pretty sure i can't with my version

Can you build your solution file without errors?
Maybe there's an error in your application that stops the deploying?

Had the same problem (I also had a copy of .NET from school)
This seemed to fix the problem:
from the run dialog or command line:
regsvr32 "D:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MSI Tools\mergemod.dll"

I have faced this problem while i renamed some project then i realized that both projects are using the same GUID. then i copied the entire project to some other computer and then it made the deployment package successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back