How to User Administration + Authentication Concept

Mischamel

Regular
Hello,

I´m going to create a WebFrontend with different COntent Pages. Webserver is IIS with WIN XP Prof. Database is MYSQL. ASP.Net with VB.Net as scriptlanguage.

Here is what I will do:
Different Users are able to use different types of content. Let´s say 3 Types(A,B,c). For me it means 3 Usergroups, one for each type. The Content is shown in different pages, which should be in different virtual folders(A,B,C). A Startpage with a logon form, should redirect to the menuplatform that offers the suitable links, related to the A,B or C after a succesful login.

My Questions are:

1) How should I administrate the Users?? With LDAP, MySQL-table with user and access columns, local Users/Groups or any other possibility ???

2) How do I create the Application and save the login information with the access rights to the content types about the whole session ??? URL or Formsauthentication or whatelse ??? Should I connect to the db and ask for user rights when opening a page ???

I already read lots of threads and crawled the msdn but I couldn´t figure out what to chose. It really is a very complex case and I can´t get a structured view about the informations.

Thanks in advance

You can use either 'Windows' or 'Form' based authentication method. All you have to do is to change this option in the web.config file. If you are using 'Windows' then you will manage the site users account with windows, otherwise if you use 'Form' then you must create a form for login and maintain the site users account in your mysql database.

Back