How to swap printer from print pool/queue?

georgepatotk

Contributor
Dear All,

I am writing a software where the software are printing notes to 3 different printers. Which is connected via LPT and Print Server.

Things are working fine and notes could be printed out actually.

But, I want to achieve to a stage where if one of the printer is out of order (means the jobs have stored in the print pool for like maybe after 5 minutes, cause cannot print out from print pool), I want the print job to be automatically transfer to the other printers.

So, I would assume as below:
i. I need to read from the print queue, to check whether all the jobs have been printed out.
ii. I need to change the printer if the jobs have remain in the pool for a certain time duration.

I have done study on (i), where I am able to read from print queue about the jobs information "from PrinterQueueWatch". But, I am not able to change/swap the printer from one print queue to the other print queue.

Please advise.. thanks in advance

Are the printers all the same type? If so it might be easier to set them up as a printer pool under windows itself - that way you don't need to take responsibilty for managing this yourself.

For ur information,
All the 3 printers are the same type.

And I am printing to the Windows Printer Driver (Print Pool)

What I wanna achieve is,

WHen I have 3 print pools, and one of them are stucked (means have problem and can't print out). I want to write a program to transfer all the stucked jobs to the other printer, instead of just stucking in the pool.

Thanks for ur reply. At least I feel some hopes from you, :P

Back