How to play Flash movie (.swf) in vb.net?

mashimaro01

Newcomer
hi, i am a beginner of ASP.NET. I have tried out the example that you all provided but too bad that it does not work for my system. Perhaps its bcoz of i am using VB.NET. I guess 'AxShockwaveFlash' only work with C# and VB but not VB.NET, am i right?

the error msg that i get is
1. Type 'AxShockwaveFlashObjects._IShockwaveFlashEvents_FSCommandEvent' is not defined.

2. Name 'AxShockwaveFlash1' is not declared.

What should i do in order to make the system communicate from flash to VB.NET? beside using this way, any other ways available? I really need guidelines from experts like u all. Please help me... I have no idea even after going through many websites. If there is any real examples, it would be better. Thank in advance first.

Split from http://www.xtremedotnettalk.com/showthread.php?t=30506

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for a flash OCX file,
From the Start menu, choose Search> Files or Folders and search for flash.ocx (Macromedia Flash Player 6) or swflash.ocx (Macromedia Flash Player 5 or earlier).
Right click your toolbar (Toolbox?) and add it.
I'm sure there'll be one on the list too.

-The Pentium Guy

there is flash.ocx exists in the components, and i can add the Shockwave Flash Object into the webform..

but in VB.NET, the property of Shockwave Flash Object is OBJECT instead of 'AxShockwaveFlash'. izzit this matter cause the errors?

Back