How to have a condition on shortcuts???

HuBBa

Newcomer
Hi all, i've been trying to do a very simple and very common feature in my install project, the option to add an icon to the desktop and one to the program menu. Now.. to add them is no breeze as you all know. Just to make a User Desktop and User Program menu item in the file system and put in the shortcuts. Now.. my problem is with having an OPTION to do this. I've tried adding a checkbox user interface, and so, but when im to put the condition i can only do it on the user desktop dir, not the shortcut itself. And the program blantly refuses to adhere what i select with the checkboxes. So if anyone has figured this one out id be very very happy if you would share your wisdome =) I cant find anything on MSDN or Google, and definately not in any of the books i have. All seem satisfied not to give the user a choise in the matter.

Regards,
HuBBa

I am having the same problem

Did you ever figure this out; specifically I can't get the checkboxs to work on a conditional install of shortcuts.

Traditionally this is optional at the time of installation. If the user wants to add/remove them later, that's his or her responsibility.

Back