How to get Microsoft Japanese "LH Kenji" voice for TTS MS Speech project [C++/C#2002]

Shaitan00

Junior Contributor
How to get Microsoft Japanese "LH Kenji" voice for TTS MS Speech project [C++/C#2002]

I am working on a Text-To-Speech (TTS) project [C++/C# 2002] using Microsoft Speech (SAPI 5.1) and need to use the Japanese voice ("LH Kenji") - sadly I cannot seem to find it anywhere and was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction...

The project is being run on English Windows XP set as Japanese Language/Regional Settings...
(I've not tested on a Japanese Windows XP - hopefully that wouldn't make a difference).

Looking for the component which would include it I've installed:
- Install Speech SDK 5.1 (no LH Kenji)
- Install Speech SDK 5.1 Language Pack (no LH Kenji)
- Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 & Japanese Language Pack (no LH Kenji)
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 & Japanese Language Pack (no LH Kenji)
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 & Japanese Language Pack (no LH Kenji)
- Microsoft Office 2003 Professional (no LH Kenji)

No matter what, when I go to Control Panel -> Speech -> Text-To-Speech -> Voices, the "LH Kenji" is never there and therefore is never available within my application as a voice option.

I found the following information while browsing the internet:
Japanese voice LH-Kenji is bundled with office2003.
"LH Naoko" and "LH Kenji" are Japanese Free SAPI Engines distributed from Microsoft
So as I expected this should be included in Office 2003 - but my installation only added "LH Micheal" & "LH Michelle", is there maybe a Japanese language pack?

Putting that aside, I would like to be able to deploy/distribute this voice with my application (given that it is "free"), sadly I can't find it anywhere on Microsoft's web page. I would have expected I could simply download the "voice" and add/include it - but I can't find it anywhere...

If anyone has any clues where/how I can install/include the "LH Kenji" voice it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Back