How To Disable Certain Keys On The Keyboard?

Simcoder

Centurion
I have a program and I need for certain keyboard "keys" to bascially be disabled. For Instance, I dont want the user to be able to control alt delete once the program is running. Is there a way that I could disable the "control" key once the program starts running. Thanx, any help would be appreciated.

-=Simcoder=-

There are plenty of reasons. The reason I need it, is for a log on screen to gain access to a computer. It would be pretty easy if to exit out the application if someone could just press cntl-alt-delete

-=Simcoder=-

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I was hoping that I could disable the control key all together. I thought maybe Vb.Net could intercept the key before it reaches Windows. But like you said, for security reasons, I'm not sure if its possible. Are their any other alternatives that I could use to pretty much lock an application that way a user could not exit it by means of control alt delete? If so, I'd appreciate it.

The keys reach Windows before they reach your application. As you said, for security reasons, this will not be possible in any recent incarnation of Windows. It might be possible in Windows 98, but I don't know how and wouldn't tell you if I did due to policies on this forum.

Ahh, Sorry guys, I can assure you its not a virus, I just wanted to make a security type of program that couldn't be closed so easily. Thats about it!

-=Simcoder=-

Btw, Thanks for the pm Dynamic! I'm gonna go ahead and look through it and see what I can find. Rest assure, I don't have any malicious intentions, I'm just trying to learn VB and I thought there would be a way to secure a computer using it. Thanks again!

-=Simcoder=-

Back