how to deploy a asp.net application referencing a web service

kaisersoze

Centurion
hi,
I developed a web services, and in a client (asp.net application) added the web reference and the application is working great on my development machine. I packaged my webservices and client application separately, deployed it on testing server. Web services are working great (when i call them directly) but, when the client application makes a call to the web service I get an error. I tought the call is going to my local machine. So, what I did is, I added web reference pointing to the service, complied and works fine (my local machine is connecting to testing server's web service). I rebuilt the application and deployed to the server. I still get an error. How to deploy an application which is refering to a service developed internally, and move the site to production with minimum changes.

inzo21 said:
can you specify the error?

[WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.]
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1295
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218
UCCSv2r1.wsContractors.Contractors.GetAllContractors()
UCCSv2r1.Contractors.FillContractors()
UCCSv2r1.Contractors.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +98
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Back