How to call the parent webform to run a function...

legendgod

Regular
Dear everyone, I am someone not very familiar with the public/protected/private concept. Especially to write a function to call another function inside a separated webform. Here is my problem:

I have a webform A, when a button is clicked, windowB with webform B pop-up. After make some update in webform B, user click the button in webform B. Then, webform A will run a function (not reload), window B will close at the same time.

If it is just to reload the webform A, it is easy to accompulish by Javascript. However, I need to run a aspx function.

Is it possible? How to do it? Can you write me some demo code? Thank you very much. :)

legendgod said:
Dear everyone, I am someone not very familiar with the public/protected/private concept. Especially to write a function to call another function inside a separated webform. Here is my problem:

I have a webform A, when a button is clicked, windowB with webform B pop-up. After make some update in webform B, user click the button in webform B. Then, webform A will run a function (not reload), window B will close at the same time.

If it is just to reload the webform A, it is easy to accompulish by Javascript. However, I need to run a aspx function.

Is it possible? How to do it? Can you write me some demo code? Thank you very much. :)
are you are you using ShowModalDialog/ShowModelessDialog to open webformB?

Add the parent document to the vArguments and then in webformB have a javascript function that calls the function in webformA by getting it from the window.dialogArguments property of webformB

Joe Mamma said:
are you are you using ShowModalDialog/ShowModelessDialog to open webformB?

Add the parent document to the vArguments and then in webformB have a javascript function that calls the function in webformA by getting it from the window.dialogArguments property of webformB
I don't know ShowModalDialog/ShowModelessDialog. But anyway, I have used several Javascript function to make it out. Thank you for your help!

Back