How do you do windows (forms) that "Snap"together?

Denaes

Senior Contributor
I thought it would be called "Docking", but in the book I have, Mastering VB.Net, it says that Docking is aligning a conrol to a side of the form or something.

I'm trying to do what WinAmp does, which is make a program with more than one form - One master form, then from there the user can open up multiple other forms, which when close to the main form "Snap" onto it, either the sides or top or something.

I'm guessing you can do a check on any other forms move (redraw?) procedure to check if its close to the main form, and if it is, align it, make it the same width and make its X the forms X + Height.

But I was wondering if there was something easier or more 'standard' that anyone knows of?

I don't think there's other way around it...
Just keep in mind that you'll have to use screen coordenates...

If well donne it will be neet ! :D

Schizznit!

Thats even better than what I was looking for.

I was looking for the basic WinAmp type of "docking". I thought it might have been a basic feature nowadays for .Net, but I guess not.

Divils control looks friggin awesome. Its more like the docking they have in Macromedia products with windows becomming tabs and you can tear them off :)

Thank you for showing me the way, with any luck I'll have that sucker in my program soon :D

Any developments on this? Would divil's SandDock still be the way to go? Or are there any free packages out there?

Back