How do I remove this bar?!

iamliam

Newcomer
I'm sure there's probably an obvious method, but...

screenie.png

How on earth do I remove that bar off the parent window (caused by maximized mdi forms)? I already got an MDI Tabs component set up, so that bar's kinda repetitive... not to mention it looks really bad with my theme...

Thanks!

Edit: While you're still here, do you know how to remove that 3d effect around the MDI container?

Just a recommendation: if you are using a tabbed interface, you might want to consider hosting "child windows" in a user control rather than in actual forms to avoid any unwanted default MDI behavior. If you want an MDI/tabbed option, you can always host the user controls in forms docked to fill the form.

Thanks for the responses, sorry I responded so late myself.

I figured it out with some messing around, and I just made the ControlBox property of the MDI Child form false. I also took off the MDI border with some crazy API code.

I considered the option of just using a non-MDI interface for a program meant to look non-MDI, but I had DotNetBar at my disposal (I like to use it as much as possible)

@ kentheprogger, if that wasn't intended to be sarcastic, the .NET Framework 2.0/Visual Studio 2005 toolbar and menu controls are Office 2003-styled.

iamliam said:
Thanks for the responses, sorry I responded so late myself.

I figured it out with some messing around, and I just made the ControlBox property of the MDI Child form false. I also took off the MDI border with some crazy API code.

I considered the option of just using a non-MDI interface for a program meant to look non-MDI, but I had DotNetBar at my disposal (I like to use it as much as possible)

@ kentheprogger, if that wasn't intended to be sarcastic, the .NET Framework 2.0/Visual Studio 2005 toolbar and menu controls are Office 2003-styled.

if you want a tabcontrol with office 2003 style, like the image below, go to http://dotnetrix.co.uk/tabcontrols.html

Attachments

Back