Hosting .net applications

mike55

Contributor
Ok,

I created my project, and done all the modifications i want to do, and have a server on which i can host the application. But what must i do to convert my application and make it ready to be hosted on the server???

Mike

mike55 said:
Ok,

I created my project, and done all the modifications i want to do, and have a server on which i can host the application. But what must i do to convert my application and make it ready to be hosted on the server???

Mike
Are you asking how do I deploy my ASP.NET app to the server?

the easiest is making a .NET setup project, compile that. run the resulting setup in the server macine.

Joe Mamma said:
Are you asking how do I deploy my ASP.NET app to the server?

the easiest is making a .NET setup project, compile that. run the resulting setup in the server macine.

Ok,

Found some instructions in a book...The steps are
1. Open solution
2. Add a new project (setup and deployment project)
3. Modify the new projects name to the same name of the web application project opened in step 1
4. Left click on the web app folder and click add project output. From the dialog that appears select both Primary output and Content Files and then click Ok
5. Set the name of the virtual directory. in the properties window
6. Set the default document property to the name of the default document of the web app in step 1
7. build the solution

My Problem is with step 6, how do i find the name of the default document of the original solution??

Mike

Back