Help Needed!!!

elf

Freshman
Does anyone knoes how to block the back button of the browser using asp.net or any other ways..thanks 4 any help provided..

can u close the current window?

Make every link open in a new window and close the current one, thus giving no previous document, if it is possible.

Hi LittLe3Lue,

great idea to open each aspx file in a new window. Tested it at the moment and it work 100%

Why i did't had this idea proir

javascript:
Code:
window.open("someASPXfile.aspx", "_self", "", true);

Regards, Stefan

First of all... please post a decent subject line next time. We are all professionals so I am so surprised every time I see a subject line like "HELP NEEDED ASAP!!" or "I NEED HELP NOWWW" or "ANSWER MY PROBLEM". Those are the ones I usually skip by. The SUBJECT line is there for a purpose - use it. It will also help people in the future.

Now... another possible solution is to immediately spawn another window from your application and close the original window. If you spawn the new window via Javascript you can control everything that appears and does not appear. Menus, toolbars, navigation, etc. Then you add all of your navigation and you don't ever have to worry about problems with back, forward, reload, etc.

Then you add all of your navigation and you don't ever have to worry about problems with back, forward, reload, etc

Refresh can be an issue if you press F5 - and back if you hit 'Backspace'. Don't know if you catch these keys in all browsers - if any; never researched it.

It's best just to be aware these things are possible while designing your application and code for them.

Last edited:
Back