help me please (really easy)

rifter1818

Junior Contributor
I cant use the pause break to determine whats going wrong in my newly aquired infinint loop (created allong with 30 odd errors converting from vb 6 to .net) i cant pause because i dont know how! in vb 6 a simple Ctrl + Pause Break worked, it doesnt in .net what do i do?????? help me please

Hit F9 on the line you want to break on, do this prior to running the program. Then you can step through using F8 or F11 depending on your settings.

Hmm,...

Doesnt seem to for me, could be my keyboard, sorry to bother you all with such simple questions but thanks very much for your help as i find VB.net harder to learn than 6 was,... much much much harder. Thanks very much

Try checking on your keyboard shortcut, I think it's in Tools->Options->something here->Keyboard. From the keyboard settins you can filter the listbox by typing a word in the textbox, try "break" and see what shows up.

Also, you can press the "Pause" button on the toolbar unless your process is hogging the CPU (not normally a good idea) in which case you'd have to put a call to Application.DoEvents() inside the loop.

-Ner

Back