help in allowing users to modify their account information

indianswz

Newcomer
hi.......guyz,

i am using asp.net with vb and access 2000 with oledb as database.

i am developing a website with protected pages and is kind of a ecommerce site and i want my registerd users to change their registration information such as address, phone number and all that in the future if they want.....

i am somewhat confused how to do this.....so guys if u could help me with some samples or tutorials i would be thankful to u.

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

Basically you need to create a new Web Form and a new Code Behind file if your coding in that method.

On the Web Form design a Form with TextBoxes etc and when the Page is Loaded display the current values from the DB in the correct textboxes.

When the user clicks the Update button, the Code should loop through the TextBoxes etc and save the contents of each one back to the DB (After performing some validation of course).

Be carefull when loading the values into the textboxes on page load, you need to do this inside an:

if(!IsPostBack)
{
}

Statement, otherwise when you go to update the changes, the old values will be loaded and written to the database, and the changes the user made will be lost!

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Andrew

Back