Having project files in another directory than wwwroot

Kurt

Regular
I would like to know how to change the default behaviour of VS when creating a new ASP.NET application. When creating such a project, VS creates a virtual directory in IIS that points to some physical directory under 'inetpub\wwwroot'. Is it possible to let visual studio create a virtual directory in IIS that points to some folder under MyDocuments or any other directory where I would like the project to be created?

You can create your virtual directory in IIS first, then only create new ASP.NET application with the same name.

I don't know the automatic method...

So you make a physical directory where you want, then make manually a virtual directory pointing to that directory and then start a new ASP.NET project with the name of the virtual directory?

Kurt said:
So you make a physical directory where you want, then make manually a virtual directory pointing to that directory and then start a new ASP.NET project with the name of the virtual directory?
Exactly. Because in VS.NET when you create a new ASP.NET project, the location of the project is "http://localhost/NewProjectName", it is a URL, not physical path. So the above method can let you set your ASP.NET in other location.

Back