GridView: Show SELECT button in certain rows

marlin

Newcomer
I would like to have the SELECT button displayed in certain rows depending on the value of a particular column in the GridView control. If the value in that column is true, I would like the SELECT button to be displayed. Other wise, I don't want the SELECT button to show.

I have been trying to use the RowCreated event to determine when to display the SELECT button. So far I have no luck in accessing and evaluating the value of that particular column.

Is there a way that I can do this? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

I just found out that I am supposed to use the RowDataBound event instead of the RowCreated event. I got my program to work fine now.

marlin said:
I would like to have the SELECT button displayed in certain rows depending on the value of a particular column in the GridView control. If the value in that column is true, I would like the SELECT button to be displayed. Other wise, I don't want the SELECT button to show.

I have been trying to use the RowCreated event to determine when to display the SELECT button. So far I have no luck in accessing and evaluating the value of that particular column.

Is there a way that I can do this? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Back