Good DirectX 9 Books

steved

Regular
Hey guys,

I'm taking a class this summer for kicks. It has a large 3D animation project associated with it, and I'm gonna kick it Robert Frost and do it in C#/DX9. :) The recommendation(s) are Java/C++/Java3D/OpenGL... nuts to that.

Has anyone read any good DirectX 9 books? I'd wait until July for Microsoft's, but the majority of the project will be completed by then. Thanks!

.steve

I think there's only one or two books out for DX9 right now, not much of a choice if you really want a book. I'd start by creating a project from the New Project wizard. It creates a Direct3D project with a TON of source code. I'd look through there, should take a few weeks to get a good feel for it if you really look at what's going on and look up the functions in the help file.

It's a start anyway.

-ner

Nerseus said:
I think there's only one or two books out for DX9 right now, not much of a choice if you really want a book. I'd start by creating a project from the New Project wizard. It creates a Direct3D project with a TON of source code. I'd look through there, should take a few weeks to get a good feel for it if you really look at what's going on and look up the functions in the help file.

It's a start anyway.

-ner

This is horrible for me. I have just learned how to program in C# as a beginner and now I want to make a C#/Dx9 3D space game but there are no books and no projects associated with it on the Internet.
Would you know of any projects? A book would be good but mabey not good enough for a full project.

Last edited:
There are very few tutorials for C# and DX 9. You could try looking at tutorials for DX8 in C++ because the syntax is very similar and most of 8 can be applied to 9.

AndreRyan said:
There are very few tutorials for C# and DX 9. You could try looking at tutorials for DX8 in C++ because the syntax is very similar and most of 8 can be applied to 9.

I guess that's a good idea. I could look at a C++ DX8 source and learn from that. I hope someone starts something in C#/DX9 soon though. Thanks.

Back