giving matrix as an input

pothuri

Freshman
i want to give a matrix as an input in my aspx file. I am using VB in my code behind page.The size of the matrix depends on the number , the user enters in a textbox. Suppose the user enters 4 in the text box. I should be able to open up 4 by 4 table of textboxes (or datagrid in edit mode probably) and ask the user to enter the values of the matrix in to those boxes and take that matrix of values and do my calculations. how should i create those textboxes dynamically?
I would appreciate if someone could help me out in this.

thanks

Here's some code to create textboxes at runtime, I'm sure you can figure out the logic for the matrix.
Visual Basic:
        Dim txt As TextBox
        Dim x As Integer
        For x = 1 To Int16.Parse(TextBox1.Text)'textbox1 on form
            txt = New TextBox()
            With txt
                AddHandler .TextChanged, AddressOf txt_TextChanged
                .Text = ""
            End With
            Panel1.Controls.Add(txt)'Panel on form
        Next

thank you very much for the help.
I have one more question.
I am trying to assign the width and height of the text boxes i generated using .width and .height properties. but i am getting an error saying
BC30311: Value of type 'Integer' cannot be converted to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit'
How should i assign the width.

thanks

maintaining values of the dynamically created textboxes

few months back i had to stop working on this problem for some reasons......now this problem is back for me

as u said Robby i have created the text boxes.........now i am having problem with getting the values in the textboxes into an array.....

this is my code

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim x As Integer
Dim y As Integer

Dim txt As TextBox

For x = 1 To System.Int16.Parse(boxes.Text)

Dim mybrl As New System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal()
Panel1.Controls.Add(mybrl)
mybrl.Text = "<br/>"

For y = 1 To System.Int16.Parse(boxes.Text)

txt = New System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox()

txt.Text = ""

txt.ID = "T" + x.ToString() + y.ToString()
txt.Width = System.Web.UI.WebControls.Unit.Pixel(25)

Panel1.Controls.Add(txt)

Next
Next
End Sub

the boxes are created when i click the button "store" the following is called

Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click

Dim x As Integer
Dim y As Integer
Dim txtbox As TextBox
Dim mdata As Double(,)

mdata = New Double(System.Int16.Parse(boxes.Text) - 1, System.Int16.Parse(boxes.Text) - 1) {}

For x = 1 To mdata.Length

For y = 1 To mdata.Length
txtbox.ID = "T" + x.ToString() + y.ToString()
mdata(x - 1, y - 1) = txtbox.Text
Next
Next

End Sub

I am unable to maintain state for these textboxes......i have read that we need to use viewstate , recreate the textboxes etc. to do this......but i am totally confused how to implement in my program.....can anyone help me write this code.....

thanx

Back